Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hard Rock

First off, I'm not an aggressive person. Far from it actually... But I ironically have a soft spot for hard rock. The crunchy guitars, throaty vocals, pounding drums, etc. I love it. I find it very motivating and I get out a lot of my pent up energy in a non-violent way. :) Sometimes, it's more the music itself that I love, but I often find hard rock songs with lyrics I love too. While I was driving tonight, the song "Awake and Alive" by Skillet came on the radio. I can't help singing at the top of my lungs every time that song comes on the radio, at the risk of looking like a complete idiot to the other drivers on the road. Haha.

"I'm at war with the world
'Cause I ain't never gonna sell my soul
I've already made up my mind
No matter what, I can't be bought or sold

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again

I'm awake, I'm alive
Now I know what I believe inside
Now it's my time
I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life



(Here, right now)
Right here, right now
Stand my ground and never back down
I know what I believe inside
I'm awake, and I'm alive"





I have lots of songs that I love from the genre. :) Here is a list (Yet again) of some of my other favorites:



  • "Testify" -  Rage Against the Machine
  • "Fully Alive" - Flyleaf
  • "Ladies and Gentlemen" - Saliva
  • "Wasteland" - 10 Years
  • "Far From Home" - Five Finger Death Punch
  • "The Unforgiven" - Metallica
  • "End of Me" - Apocalyptica w/ Gavin Rossdale
  • "The Good Life" - Three Days Grace
  • "Last to Know" - Three Days Grace
  • "Time of Dying" - Three Days Grace
  • "I Hate Everything About You" - Three Days Grace
  • "Coming Undone" - Korn
  • "Stand My Ground" - Within Temptation
  • "Angels" - Within Temptation
  • "The Only One" - Evanescence
  • "Headstrong" - Trapt
  • "Fine Again" - Seether
  • "Hang On" - Seether
  • "Almost Easy" - Avenged Sevenfold
  • "Welcome to the Family" - Avenged Sevenfold
  • "Battery" - Metallica
  • "It's Been a While" - Staind
  • "So Far Away" - Staind
  • "Always" - Saliva
  • "Blind Man" - Black Stone Cherry
  • "Here Comes the Rain" - Black Stone Cherry
  • "Sunrise" - Black Stone Cherry
  • "Backwoods Gold" - Black Stone Cherry
  • "I Don't Care" - Apocalyptica w/ Adam Gontier
  • "Devour" - Shinedown
  • "What a Shame" - Shinedown
  • "The Crow and the Butterfly" - Shinedown
  • "Sound of Madness" - Shinedown
  • "Save Me" - Shinedown
  • "Lips Like Morphine" - Kill Hannah
  • "All the Same" - Sick Puppies
  • "Insomnia" - Broke City
  • "Not Strong Enough" - Apocalyptica w/ Brent Smith
  • "Lords of the Boards" - Guano Apes
  • "Open Your Eyes" - Guano Apes
  • "Bricks" - Rise Against
  • "Dancing for Rain" - Rise Against
  • "Worth Dying For" - Rise Against
  • "The Good Left Undone" - Rise Against
  • "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana
  • "Bulls on Parade" - Rage Against the Machine
  • "Infected" - Bad Religion
  • "Whispers in the Dark" - Skillet
  • "Comatose" - Skillet
  • "Those Nights" - Skillet
  • "Collide" - Skillet
  • "People That We Love" - Bush
  • "Move" - Thousand Foot Krutch
  • "Go" - Thousand Foot Krutch
  • "Absolute" - Thousand Foot Krutch
  • "Kick in the Teeth" - Papa Roach
  • "Nemo" - Nightwish
  • "Romanticide" - Nightwish
  • "Over the Hills and Far Away" - Nightwish
  • "Thinking Of You" - A Perfect Circle
  • "Capital G" - Nine Inch Nails
  • "Hypnotize" - System of a Down
  • "I Don't Wanna Stop" - Ozzy Osbourne
  • "Iron Man" - Black Sabbath
  • "Breakdown" - Tantric
  • "Live Your Life" - Tantric
  • "Turn So Cold" - Drowning Pool
  • "Hold On" - All That Remains
  • "Lay Down" - Priestess
  • "Isolation" - Alter Bridge
  • "Life is Beautiful" - Sixx A.M.
  • "Lacrymosa" - Evanescence

No comments:

Post a Comment